Sunday, November 10, 2013

First Day Back

Headed out for a short run this morning. The morning was raw, damp, misty. Very November. But who cares? I was out running after a week of rest. The legs still felt pretty tired during the very mellow three miles along the power lines, but man, a run does the mind good :) Felt good to be out. I'd say I'm still recovering but I'll be out running slow and short for the next few weeks as long as it feels ok. Can't stay still for long! ;)

The winterberry shone bright and cheery against the more subtle browns and golds of the late fall landscape. Blue jays called above. I looked for the Bald Eagle we had seen soaring in the area yesterday, but he was nowhere to be seen. November isn't my favorite but I do love that the eagles come back to hunt, etc along the river at this time of year. They are always a treat to see!


2 comments:

Trail Boy said...

Whoa. You don't often seen writing like this on running blogs: "The winterberry shone bright and cheery against the more subtle browns and golds of the late fall landscape. Blue jays called above." One of the most literate jock blogs I've seen in a while. Makes me kind of wish I lived in Maine.

Sparkplug said...

Thanks for the comment :-) Appreciate the compliment. I enjoy your writing too - found off Jamie's "Maine Runner" blog. Glad you're back running!