Monday, November 11, 2013

Along the Cathance

Daycare is open and Ryan is working, but I am fortunate enough to have the day off. I have a lot of newsletter stuff to work on, so I took Sam into daycare as normal and spent the bulk of the morning working. Then around 11:30, I thought it seemed silly to waste a day off and not run! Since I've limited myself to short little jaunts this week and next, I decided to hop in the car and drive over the ecology center parking lot and run on the Cathance trails from there. If I started my run from home, I wouldn't even make it to the Heath before having to turn around.

It was brisk and blustery as I set off, but the sun was shining, the woods were quiet and I was out on the trails. Can't ask for much more. As I ran along, I felt even more awe and much respect for my friends who run 100s and 50s on a regular basis, often without much recovery time in between. It is impressive! I say because I am still feeling very tired. Of course, this is compounded by the fact that I haven't been sleeping well, and the child decided she should wake up and come into our room at 5:50 am this morning and tell me it was time to go downstairs. She had been sleeping wonderfully late before daylight savings time, but now it appears her little body thinks that because it is getting light earlier, she should be up earlier. Sigh. In any event, I didn't have much pep today, but I just tried to be happy I was out there, enjoying the solitude, my feet crunching the leaves underfoot as the river meandered along next to me.

No comments: