Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pretty

I awoke feeling a bit apprehensive about my tight hip, but decided to give it a go. I stretched and rolled and tennis balled (ow!) and headed out the door right around 6:00 am. The skies were already fairly light with the sun rising along the horizon leaving streaks of pink and orange set against periwinkle blue clouds. Pretty. I decided to be smart and not try to do the 7 I had originally planned for today, just so I could get my miles up to 30 ;), and hit the Highland Green loop instead, which would give me an out should the hip just feel too wonky. Luckily, it felt OK and I ran the whole loop, feeling only a bit of tightness later in the run. There was also a port-a-potty set up right along the road around 2 miles near where a new house being built, right when I really needed one. Also saw a nice red fox cross the road, its tail fluffy. Hurray for small happinesses :-) Glad to get in decent 5 miles, and looking forward to seeing Ryan's parents this afternoon and heading to Wolfe's Neck after lunch to enjoy what's looking like it's going to be a nice day!

No comments: