Monday, September 2, 2013

Crazy (T)Rain

Amy and I had planned to meet early this morning for a run. But we cancelled due to the heavy rain, thunder and lightening. I was bummed to miss out on a run with her, but not so disappointed to miss out on a run in the crazy weather. So, I happily settled for a trip to Frosty's with Sam and Ryan instead. Yum, donuts! It seemed like the great start to a potentially lazy, rainy, inside holiday day, but what did I do when we got home? Why what else but don my running gear and head out into the exact weather we were trying to avoid this morning. Sometimes I really do question my sanity!

I got soaked very quickly, both by the rain and the deep puddles along the powerlines. I ran up Tedford and looped around on the back dirt Highland Green road to the ecology center, where I did the small lollypop down into the woods to check out the river. Running high along the banks, for sure. Then back to the road until I hit the pro shop, where I ran the cart paths. A plus to the rain was that no one out golfing today :-) I finished off my miles by running back along the powerlines with one snowshoe loop up on the Mt. A. trails thrown in. Got in a very soggy 10 miles, but felt good and was glad I pushed myself out the door to get in some good miles despite the weather. Maybe it's good to be a crazy runner every once in a while after all :-)

No comments: