Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Morning 10

Ran with Ryan this morning out to the River Lodge and along the "nature" trail that winds through the woods between golf holes back to the club. We added on a mile out-and-back out to the Bluffs before heading down the main drag, where Ryan turned off around 6.5 miles and I continued down to the gatehouse and along the berm to finish up my run. I was planning to run slowly today, but even with .75 miles on the dirt nature trail and ~2 miles along the packed gravel path along the berm, it's hard to run slowly on a route that's basically flat as a pancake and mostly road :-) So we just went with it. I did stop briefly after Ryan turned off, mostly in an attempt to stretch out my right hip, which although feeling better still is tight, but also to open a gu, something I haven't quite perfected on the run without getting sticky gel all over my hands :-) Got in a decent 10 miles. Saw a Great Blue Heron and Great Egret along the big pond - such big wingspans - always fun to see in flight.

This afternoon, Ryan, Sam and I went up to the pool. I was freezing the second I got in and stayed that way during the entire 45 minutes that I lasted in the water. I did a number of laps in an attempt to get warm (can I call this crosstraining?! :) ), but it didn't really work :-0 While I'm definitely a better swimmer than Ryan, he can certainly outlast me in the water. Sam, of course, being 4 years old, is pretty much impervious to the cold and would stay in all day if she could. Ha!




No comments: