Monday, September 12, 2011

Three

A three mile run. And a three hour nap!

Sam and I went to visit with friends this morning, and after lunch at home, she went down easily for her nap at noon. She was just plain tired out! Ryan was out running, so I sat at the computer, eating my lunch and getting caught up on everyone's race reports :-) That took about a 1/2 hour, after which, I started working on the minestrone soup/stew I was planning for dinner. I got everything to a point where all Ryan needed to do was stir a few times and I went out for my run, right around 1:00. It was hot out! Well, compared to the crisp, clear air of yesterday anyway. Whew! I did the short Highland Green loop, just an easy three to loosen up the legs after yesterday's race. I felt a little creaky, but really, the run was uneventful. When I got home, Sam was still sleeping, so after I stopped sweating, I headed up for a quick shower and came downstairs to do a few things in the kitchen.

Ryan headed out around 2:00, and Sam was still sleeping. I sat and read my book for a bit (still working on Unbroken!) and it was still quiet. I figured I'd chance it, and decided to make some pumpkin cornbread to go with the soup. I've made this recipe a lot, so I knew it wouldn't take long. Got the bread in the oven, the kitchen cleaned up, dishes washed, and still, silence! With about 7 minutes to go on the cornbread, almost three hours after falling asleep, Sam woke up, giggling as she threw her stuffed animals out of the crib. Silly girl! :-)

Amazing what I can cram into three hours these days!

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Sounds like an ideal post-race day. I've had my eye on "Unbroken" for a while now... so many books, so little time...

Sparkplug said...

Yes, definitely a nice break the day after a race. And nice to only have a short run on tap so I could enjoy the time relaxing too :-) "Unbroken" is very interesting so far. I'm happy to lend it to you once I'm finished if you like, unless you do all your reading on the kindle now :-)