Friday, September 9, 2011

Early Morning Run

I was feeling pretty good about the fact that I had actually gotten up and out the door before sunrise this morning... until I read Jamie's post that he was out the door at 4:35am :-) Ha! Anyway, Sam woke me up at 4:30, and after I got her back to sleep, I set my watch for 5:15 and dozed off in bed for a while until the alarm went off. I knew I had to get up and out before Sam woke up, as I had things to do after I dropped her at daycare, and Ryan had to leave at 7:30 to meet up with Ian for some Bruiser course marking. I headed out the door at 5:40, and there was just barely enough light in the sky for me to leave my headlamp at home. It was very quiet. There was a low fog sitting on the powerlines, and not a bird was chirping. I decided to run the 5-mile Highland Green road loop, just so that I didn't trip on anything along the trails in the semi-darkness. A few miles into the run, I saw a faint hue of pink in the sky through the fog, but never got a good view of sunrise. In fact, the sky didn't even really get light. Too many clouds. Which was OK with me, as it meant the house was still nice and dark when I got home! Nothing like an overcast morning to induce a bit of sleeping in :-) I hopped in the shower, and just as I was getting out, I heard Sam's sweet little voice saying "Mama, Mama." Perfect timing! And a nice way to start the day!

2 comments:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Like

mindy said...

Awesome that you got out early, yay! p.s. Jamie is a vampire.