Friday, September 2, 2011

Socked In And "I Love It!"

Sam woke up around 5:30 this morning, but I managed to get her back to sleep. I quickly got myself dressed and whispered to Ryan that I was heading out to run. I knew there was a chance Sam would wake up while I was gone, but I figured she would sleep for a little while longer. The clock was reading 5:50 am as I headed out into the thick fog and mist. No wonder it seemed nice and dark inside still! I was planning on 6 miles and decided to run the cart paths. I chose to go up and over Mt. Ararat instead of through the woods, and hit the cart paths at 1.5 miles into the run. The air was thick and quiet as I ran along, and a heavy dew clung to the grass along the course. No birds chirped, and not much seemed to be moving on such a dreary morning. I cranked along, keeping up a decent pace, and despite feeling a bit tired, the run was a good one and I was glad to have gotten out early. Unfortunately, not early enough! Turns out Ryan only got about 5 more minutes of sleep after I left! Poor guy. He doesn't do well in the morning, and Sam is an early bird for sure! Once I got home, he even snuck upstairs and back to bed for a few minutes before getting himself ready for his own morning run :-)

~

Sam is becoming a little parrot. OK, so she doesn't get the exact wording right all the time, but it's still cute. Case in point: "How Do I Love You?" is today's "in" book; she just calls it "I Love It!" instead :-)



No comments: