Friday, September 30, 2011

Quick

Snuck in a quick 3 miles this morning before we took off for Mim's memorial service. I was tired. I didn't feel peppy. But I did it. I probably would have been happier had I joined Ryan on his afternoon run in Williamstown, up and around a hilly route I have run before from Mim's house. But oh well. After a number of hours in the car, and a detour through the countryside to bypass the section of Rt. 2/Mohawk Trail that was literally washed away by Hurricane Irene, we arrived. It has been fun catching up with all the family, and I am looking forward to spending time with everyone this weekend. I know Mim would be very happy we are all here, remembering her, and making new memories together. All five kids. All of us grandchildren. And all the great-grandkids. Very special indeed.

No comments: