Saturday, July 3, 2010

Short and Sweet

When time is short, and let's face it, it often is these days, I head for the loop named the "Suck Loop" by Ryan. It really isn't that bad, but it certainly isn't the most exciting loop around. It's mostly road, with one section on the powerlines and one section through the woods between Highland Green and the high school fields. I can run it in under 25:00, and I'd say it's just slightly shy (like 0.05 shy) of 3 miles.

Both Friday and today, I was out running on this loop. Friday morning I snuck my run in while Sam slept and arrived home just in time to lift her out of the crib when she woke up at 6:45am. This morning I didn't quite get out of bed bright and early, so I headed out at 7:30am. I was feeling guilty about going out this morning, as Ryan has been on daddy duty these past two days, due to daycare being closed and me working, but he convinced me I should go out anyway, and I appreciated that he did. I really need to get some momentum back running-wise, and get the mileage up again. With that in mind, I'm looking forward to a nice 9-mile run on the Cathance trails tomorrow during Sam's morning nap!

No comments: