Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beautiful Morning

I almost went for a run last night, but just didn't quite have the energy to get out the door. In the end, I think I'm glad I didn't, as I would have gotten stuck out in the crazy rain/thunder/lightening storm that went through right as we were sitting down to dinner. Man was it dark out there! And it was only 7pm! While I certainly wouldn't have been hot during the run, I think it would have been too much, so perhaps it all worked out for the best.

Since I missed last night's run, I got up and out the door at 5:30am this morning. It was a beautiful morning - 65 degrees, and that nice, crisp feeling after a good storm has gone through in the air. The skies were bright and clear, without the haze they've held almost constantly for the past 3 weeks. I hit the powerlines for the 5 mile Homeplace loop, enjoyed a few blackberries along the way, stomped through a few puddles, saw two of my Towhee friends and no deer flies (hurray!), and was treated to a rainbow as I ran back up the final hill towards Mt. Ararat. How's that for a reward for getting out early?! :-)

No comments: