Friday, July 9, 2010

Pink

I have never been a fan of the color pink. When we found out we were having a girl, I vowed that she would not be dressed all in pink. Well, guess what? If you have a child, and she is a girl, you will have to put her in pink clothes! Almost everything we have gotten for Sam in terms of clothing has some pink in it. There is no way around it. So, I have just shrugged my shoulders and surrendered to the pink. But that does not apply to me! Pink? On me? No way! So when I opened the box of new Asics Gel Nimbus that I had bought at Maine Running Company the other week, without trying them on or even looking in the box, because I know they fit, and realized that this pair had hot pink highlights, I almost died.



Oh man! I was going to be wearing these! And they are bright pink! Why, oh why, do shoe companies assume I want to wear pink shoes? Am I the only one that would be happier with blue? Or yellow? Or orange? I am going to have to run these shoes through some serious mud to cover up the pink.... Too bad it has been hot and dry, and the route I ran this morning didn't take me through any big muddle puddles! I did however, stop to pick a few beautifully ripe pink raspberries :-)

5 comments:

John said...

I often like the women's colors but my shoes always end up blue. I guess they feel it is safer assuming people will want gender-reinforcing colors; actually, they probably wish they could just make one size of running shoe as well. If they went with a green they could make one color for both and be perceived as forward thinking.

...you can buy blue boy clothes for Sam, but they may have trucks and footballs on them.

R. Ian Parlin said...

Those are more than just pink highlights, Yikes.

Emma feels the same way about pink. We refuse to dress our girl dog in pink.

Sparkplug said...

Oh come on, Ian! You should totally dress her up in a pink sweater and pink collar :-) Ha!

And John, yes, we've always commented about the stereotyping of the kids clothing - who says all boys like trucks and footballs?! Or maybe they do, I don't know :-)

pathfinder said...

Yeah.....trucks...football.....and beer!! arggggh....not only that, I love girls in pink...

Blaine Moore said...

Just go over to the back cove for a lap...you'll get so much dust on them it'll be the same as going through some mud in terms of what you can tell about the colors.