Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Evening Run

I normally have Mondays off, but this week I was scheduled to work today. It was a bit of a bummer to only have one day off and head back to work today, but the reward for working today is four days days off at the end of this week. Hurray! Friday, we'll send Sam to daycare for the morning, and Ryan and I will get a run in together and then get ourselves organized and packed up for our trip to Baxter State Park. We are renting a cabin on Kidney Pond, and will head up on Saturday morning for a long weekend. We're really looking forward to getting back up to Baxter - it is a wonderful place, and has a special place in our heart - and to sharing it with Sam.

As I was working and Sam was up early, I didn't have a chance to get out and enjoy the cool temps (only 65 degrees!) this morning, but I did manage to sneak out tonight after Sam went to bed. I did the short Highland Green loop, and although it wasn't quite as cool as this morning, it was a pleasant evening, and nice to get out and loosen up the legs and enjoy a few ripe and sweet blackberries along the way.

No comments: