Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Finally

Finally got out for a run after two days off. As I think I've mentioned before, I have been struggling a bit to fit my running in, as Sam's morning schedule is still slightly sporadic, and I hate to give up what little time I have with her and run while she is awake. But this morning, I knew I wanted to get a run in no matter what. So, I got up with Sam when she woke up at 6:30, fed her and hung out with her for a 1/2 hour, then handed her off to Ryan for some Daddy time, and headed out the door for a quick run. I got in 3.5 miles on a mix of trails, dirt roads, a bit of pavement and the powerlines. On the dirt roads and powerlines, I had some pesky company - the deer flies were brutal, and a big horde of them followed me for a good part of the run. I tried to pick up the pace in the hopes of outrunning them, but to no avail. As a friend said, either they're getting faster or I'm getting slower, but whichever it is, there is no escaping them at this time of year :-) As I headed back home on the powerlines, I noticed that the deep orange wood lilies are blooming - I spotted six in total. Beautiful!

No comments: