Friday, April 9, 2010

Trying to Salvage the Week

This week started off with a bang - 16 miles on Sunday - and has gone downhill from there. I did manage to get in a 3-miler on Monday, and took Tuesday off as planned. My intent was to run on Wednesday morning before a 9am appointment, but Sam woke up early and Ryan was exhausted from getting her/my cold, so I hung out with her instead and I just never managed to get out the door. I told Ryan on Wednesday night that I was definitely running Thursday morning before he took off for New Hampshire, but these good intentions flew out the window when Sam was up crying from 3am to 4am. She is super congested, and I think she just couldn't get comfortable. I finally laid with her on the extra bed, with her head elevated up on the pillow. She fell right asleep. Even though I wanted to fall asleep too, I think subconsciously I knew I had to make sure she didn't shift or move too much, so I was in and out of a light sleep until she woke up to eat at 6:30am. Luckily, she fell back to sleep for another hour, and I did too. So, no running Thursday either.

And here we are at Friday, and I've only run twice. Luckily Sam slept a bit better last night, and we all got some much deserved rest. So, this morning, despite the dreary weather outside, I donned my running clothes and headed out the door, having passed Sam off to a sleepy Ryan around 7am. I ran a quick 3-miler on the Highland Green loop, and while the middle of this week hasn't exactly panned out as expected, at least I got another run in.

This afternoon we're headed south to visit with Ryan's parents, and both Ryan and I are planning to run the Merrimack River 10 Miler tomorrow. I ran 'the Rivah' back in 2008, and had a pretty good race. I hope that I can beat my time from 2008, which was 1:30:27, but if nothing else it will be a good training run, and will help to salvage this weeks' mileage!

In Sam news, we have moved onto sweet potatoes, which I thought for sure she would love, but she just keeps drooling them out of her mouth. Hmmm... Perhaps I am not making the puree thin enough? Oh well, we'll keep trying! At some point, we'll stumble upon a food she loves and can't get enough of :-)

2 comments:

Scout said...

Good luck to team Snowplug! Look forward to the race reports.

Always love the Sam updates. I'm sure she's waitin' on the bacon :)

John said...

Butternut squash is yummy too. You can make it for yourselves and set aside a mashed portion for her that doesn't contain butter, etc.