Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Fun

We met up with my parents this morning at our favorite breakfast haunt - the Broadway Deli - for some yummy pancakes and one last chance for them to hang out with Sam before they headed back home to North Carolina. Sam sat on the table in the BebePod, overlooking the meal and flinging her spoon and keys and rings all over the place. She has quite an arm, let me tell you! I think we're going to have to transition her from the BebePod on the table to a real highchair soon so that our food and eyes are safe from her toys :-)

After saying goodbye to Nanie and Pip, we headed home for some fun Mommy time while Ryan was working. We spent lots of time sitting - Sam has progressed really quickly in her sitting skills over the past week. Pretty cool!

Playtime!

Yeah, I can sit up on my own!

Hmmm, what can I do with this?

What? This isn't what you're supposed to do with a book?!

Of course, that doesn't mean she doesn't still do a lot of this...

Oops... :-)

The day was so beautiful that I wanted to get outside and enjoy it for at least a little bit, so for Sam's afternoon nap, I loaded her up in the car and headed to the bikepath. In the end, she was having such a good time in the B.O.B. that she didn't fall asleep until 4 miles into my 5.25 mile run, so I turned around at the end of the path and headed back out for a 2 mile walk to continue her nap for a while longer. I was pretty tired from yesterday's run, and from pushing the B.O.B. into the wind for 5.25 miles, but it was so nice out, it wasn't too much of a struggle to stay out and enjoy the sunshine for a few more miles!

1 comment:

Scout said...

What a great day!