Monday, December 28, 2009

Warm Afternoon 5-Miler

Although Ryan was motivated enough yesterday morning to run on the treadmill before we left his parent's house to join my family at the Saco SportZone for my niece Morgan's 4th birthday party, I was not. And we didn't get to the party in time to actually participate in the fun at "The Bounce Zone" so my activity for the day consisted of making multiple trips up and down the stairs in the late afternoon putting away presents and doing laundry. Sam was the clear winner at Christmas this year and got lots of cute toys and clothes. We are lucky to have such nice family who will fill her closets and drawers with all this stuff!

Needless to say, the combination of lots of Christmas cookies and not working out for two days, left me antsy for a run today. Ryan was nice enough to watch Sam after lunch (luckily she slept most of the time I was out) so I could get out for a run, clear my head and hopefully burn off a few of those cookies :-) Although the forecast was calling for "100% chance of snow" in the afternoon, when I headed out at 2pm, it was sunny and 41 degrees. Not exactly the weather they were calling for, but I'll take it! I headed across the street and did the 5 mile loop through Highland Green. It was nice to run without gloves and to be out enjoying this strangely warm December day. I followed some deer prints on the powerlines, and listened to the chickadees, blue jays and crows chirping and cackling away as a I ran along. I finished feeling refreshed and a bit sweaty, and as always now, happy to have been able to get out!

I don't have any new photos of Sam to share today, but it has been neat to watch her change so much in the past few weeks - she has really been following voices, faces and toys as they move near her, and today was enjoying watching and listening to the Chime Garden that Meg and Chris got her for Christmas, as well as several of the JitteryPals that are now in residence :-) Fun to see!

No comments: