Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Frozen

Yesterday's run was in the rain, but this afternoon when I headed out, the sun shone brightly, there were blue skies above and the air was crisp. The ground along the powerlines had the variety of conditions so common this time of year - mud, soft sand, crunchy sand, a bit of hoar frost, frozen sand and mud - with the warmer days and cold nights. The standing water was covered with a light glaze of ice, which gave a satisfying crack and crunch when I hit the edge of the puddle as I ran by. Both runs felt good, and were a bit faster than last week. I'm getting there.

Unfortunately, today I returned home to a cranky baby. Sam has been congested since Sunday. Perhaps the 2+ hours outside was a bit much? We feel badly, and it doesn't help that she really dislikes the aspirator, which we've had to use to suck the snot out. Not that I can blame her! Hopefully she'll feel better soon - poor girl!

1 comment:

Scout said...

I bet Sam's sniffles are probably more related to all the loving relatives holding her over the holiday. The love is easily better for her than the sniffles are harmful! Of course, for the next few days, it's harder for you, but...another first to put in the book :)