Monday, December 21, 2009

Busy Day

Yesterday was a busy day but I managed to get in a 3 mile run before breakfast. I headed across the street to do the Highland Green loop. It was cold and windy, and as I ran down the Highland Green road, I felt like I was barely moving against the gusting wind. The sky was that steel grey color it turns before it snows, although in the end, we only got a dusting out of the storm. Come on now! I mean, what a waste to drop all that snow in NYC and Maryland! They don't want it...we do! Ah well, I'm sure we'll get some more snow soon enough.

Anyway, it was nice to get in my run before we headed off to show Sam off for the afternoon :-) First, we stopped in at my aunt and uncle's to hang out for a bit with my grandmother. Mim and Sam had fun together, with Mim holding her for most of our visit. Sam smiled and gurgled, and was awake and alert for most of the time, and it was so cute to see Sam grasping Mim's hand! Then, it was over to New Hampshire for the Great Glen Christmas party. It was good to see everyone, and to have everyone meet Sam. She was pretty good, considering we totally messed with her evening routine by staying over there until 9pm and getting home way, way past her bedtime! All told, a busy, but nice day!

No comments: