Friday, December 11, 2009

Two Months


Smiley girl!

Sam is nine weeks old today. Amazing that more than two months have gone by already!

We had her two-month appointment this morning, and can now report all the important statistics that grandparents and great-grandparents wish to know :-)

She is weighing in at 9 lbs 8 oz, and is now 21 3/4" long. Her head circumference is 14 1/2". She is in the 25th percentile for height and between the 10th and 25th percentile (pretty exact, huh?) for weight. So, she is small, but we knew that. The doctor also said that we are in trouble :-), as Sam is a strong little girl and is already rising up from her stomach and lifting both her head and shoulders up straight, which is something that a 4 month old is more likely to be doing versus a 2 month old. This means she'll likely roll over and be moving around earlier than some. An active child who wants to move, and move now?! We wonder where she gets that from?!

We are also enjoying her smiles, new noises, and having her be more alert and awake more often. And, even better, we have moved her into her crib in the other room and she has been sleeping like a champ (knock on wood)! Last night, I fed her at 10:00, we put her down at 10:30 and she didn't wake up until 5:30. That was a nice stretch of sleep, let me tell you :-) We hope she continues with this trend!

As for me, I had hoped to get up and out for a run this morning after I fed her at 5:30 but despite the seven hours of sleep, I was still tired, so I went back to bed instead. And with the doctor's appointment, a few errands, and Ryan working the rest of the day, I will likely not get out in the next half hour before the sky gets dark. Ah well... I have to work on this whole 'get up early and get out after first feeding' thing! I think it is going to be the only way I get my runs in this winter. Maybe tomorrow morning before Ryan heads up to New Hampshire? If not, there is always next week...

4 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Awesome she's doing so well!

mindy said...

Ooooh, I love this picture!! Glad to hear our little girl is doing so awesome!

Scout said...

Hey, is Sam the first pure-blooded Trail Monster? No wonder she's so strong!!

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys ;-) And Valerie, that is too funny!!