Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Skiing!


Enjoying some early season skiing!

I was supposed to work today, but as the snow began to fall before 9am and the forecast was for at least 6" of snow followed by a mix of snow and rain, we all opted to stay home instead. Sam and I spent the morning watching the snow fall, and fall fast, accumulating on the ground and in the trees as a soft, pristine white blanket. I thought briefly about going out for a run, but ultimately decided against it. That being said, I was feeling a bit restless and so when a window of opportunity presented itself after lunch, I grabbed my rock skis from the loft, and headed out for a short ski. I put the skis on at the door and skiied through the parking lot, which had yet to be replowed after their first sweep through earlier in the morning, across the street and onto the high school road. My first thought was to head onto the powerlines, but the skiing was actually really nice on the high school road - plowed, but with an inch of two of fresh stuff on top of the pavement. Perfect for gliding in my beater skis! So, I decided to ski the 2-mile loop I had been walking late in my pregnancy instead, which worked out well. I was only out for about 25 minutes, but I am sure I'll be sore from using muscles I haven't used since last winter. Regardless, it was fun to be out enjoying the new snow and I ended with a smile on my face!

3 comments:

mindy said...

NICE!!!!!

Jamie Anderson said...

Lucky! (read in Napoleon Dynamite voice)

packing supplies said...

Well,it is a nice blog and i do like skiing and it is a best hobby as well as a best snow sports.