Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Looping through Highland Green

Both yesterday and today saw me out on the 3-mile Highland Green loop, running comfortably in warm temps and slipping and sliding around in the messy conditions. The snow on the powerlines was alternately mushy and slippery or icy, and similar conditions prevailed in the woods on the other side of the loop. But the roads in between were clear, so at least I could pick up the pace in those spots! I didn't feel particularly speedy on either run, but oh well. Today was run #3 in a row, so I know I was feeling the effects of both Sunday's longer run and yesterday's run. Still, it is always nice to get out, and I must thank Ryan for letting me get out this afternoon - I didn't think I'd get a run in today, so I really appreciate him watching Sam for the 30 minutes while I was out!

Speaking of Sam, she is cooing and gooing and babbling like crazy, which is very cute. It's almost like you can hold a conversation with her if you don't care that you have no idea what she's saying in her half of the conversation :-) We've tried to get her to roll over from her stomach like she did on Saturday to no avail, but she is definitely trying to repeat the motion! I'm sure she'll do it again at some point soon.

No comments: