Monday, April 27, 2009

Late 5 Miler

Today was filled with errands and window cleaning. I asked Snowman to help me take off the screens so that I could clean the windows. I also asked for help with the upstairs windows, as I really didn't want to be hanging out from the 2nd story windows trying to clean things up. In short, this meant that he did most of the window cleaning, replete with all its awkward positioning and contorting. What a good guy! Then before we knew it, it was already past 5pm and we hadn't yet gotten in our run. I typically don't like to run late in the evening, but we'd had a late lunch and so, after a quick snack, we headed off to the Commons.

It was really nice to feel a bit cold while running! Quite a change from yesterday, and a good one :-) We started out slowly, as we both creaked along loosening up from yesterday's mud bath and ankle twisting. As we ran along, I was feeling good; we picked up the pace a bit on the way back in, but overall it was a nice, mellow run.

I was also trying out new hand-held fuel bottle holder. Normally I wouldn't take a water bottle on a 5 or 6 mile run, but these days since it's not just me out there, I'm trying to pay extra attention to staying hydrated and cool. As we head into summer, I figured one of these neat little holders would be a good idea. I was pleasantly surprised to find that carrying the holder with its 10 oz. bottle was quite comfortable and easy to use. So, yet another addition to our "gear" collection :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post and thanks for sharing....

___________________
Britney
Entertainment at one stop