Monday, April 20, 2009

Short Commons Run

I headed out alone this afternoon for a short run in the Commons. Snowman, having run many miles in the past few days, decided to take a well-deserved day off. It was a nice afternoon - sunny and a bit breezy. The woods were quiet, and I did our "normal" 3 mile loop starting at the Rt. 123 entrance. The loop ended up being only 2.75 miles (this seems to be a theme with our routes!), so I added on a few short loops and out-and-backs to get the Garmin to read 3.0 miles. 3 miles seems short enough, so I felt the need to get in those additional 0.25 miles :-)

Flora and fauna notes: The excitement of the afternoon occurred not on the run, but on the way home. As I was passing over the Brunswick/Topsham bridge at Fort Andross, I noted not only 6 cormorants sunning themselves on the rocks on the river, but a big Bald Eagle, flying low, being chased quite closely by one angry crow. Poor guy! But neat to see nonetheless.

No comments: