Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunny Afternoon

Snowman joined me this afternoon for a run in the Commons. It was nice to have some company, and he was content to run along at my pace (read: slowly). I started off in shorts, short-sleeve shirt and my pink sleeves, but after a mile, I tucked the sleeves into the side of my shorts. Temps were in the 50s and it was great to be out! A bit of wind, but the sun was nice and warm. We were happy to find that much of the Commons is now snow and ice free (80% or so), although as expected there are still some good stretches remaining in the shade. It felt good to run on the bare ground!

We had a nice time running along and chatting away, finishing up with 5.25 miles at 10:28 pace. (I did say slowly, didn't I?!) And now we are relaxing on the couch after a yummy meal of homemade black bean burgers and both sweet potato and regular fries. Yum!

No comments: