Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sunny Morning

I got up and out for a run in the Commons this morning. It was bright and sunny, and in the low 40s when I started, but had already risen to over 50 degrees by the time I got home. Looks like it's going to be a warm one today! The run was good. Relatively uneventful, although I was surprised to see so many people out and about on the trails so early on a Saturday morning. I have been feeling good running, for which I am thankful, and am still trucking slowly along at 10:00 to 10:30 pace, depending on what route I'm on. With today's run, my week ended with 23 miles. Yes, Ryan ran almost that much in last Sunday's run, but I am OK with it. I have been running 20 to 25 miles a week, which seems pretty good for a 15 week pregnant lady!

I am looking forward to tomorrow's Muddy Moose race. There is a good group of Trail Monsters joining us, so it should be a lot of fun! Plus, I'll only be out for 4 miles, while everyone else slogs through the mud and water for 14. This means that I'll be finished first and will get to cheer everyone on as they cross the finish line. My plan is to take it pretty easy during the race, and just enjoy the day and the atmosphere. This might be tough, but I'll do my best!

1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

Awesome! Best of luck tomorrow!!! I'm really looking forward to the race reports!