Friday, March 6, 2009

Soggy

Despite a beautiful day yesterday, I did not get out for a run. OK, really I did not get up for a run. So, today, I was going no matter what the weather. Luckily, although the skies were overcast when I awoke, it was not precipitating and was "warm" at 35 degrees. I headed across the street to run the 5 mile Highland Green loop. The snowmobile trails on the powerlines were pretty soft. I was not getting a lot of traction, even with my Inov-8s, so it was slow going. As I ran along, the wind picked up and a light rain started to fall, turning a bit later to snow, then back to rain again. But it felt like spring and I even had to take my jacket off! I was able to pick up the pace a bit once I hit the road, but of course, on the way back, things slowed down again on the snow.

According to the Garmin, the loop is not quite as long as we thought it was, measuring 4.75m, so I took a quick tour through the neighborhood next to our condo complex to get the mileage up to 5.12m. I mean, 5 miles should be 5 miles :-)

No comments: