Sunday, March 29, 2009

No TMRFA for Me

I couldn't manage to swing taking two Saturdays off in a row from work, so yesterday morning I sent Snowman off alone to join up with the Trail Monster crew for Ian and Emma's "I've Been Married for 10 Years and My Wife Still Doesn't Have A" Fat Ass 50k. It was a dreary morning, damp and raw feeling with low fog and a misty drizzle falling. Once Snowman was out the door, I headed out across the street to get in a run before work.

I felt a bit off in the first few miles but finished off the loop feeling good. Despite the fog and mist, the birds were out in force - the juncoes, sparrows and chickadees flitting about at the edge of the woods, and the grackles, blue jays and crows calling loudly as I ran along. The powerlines are a mix of sand, bare rock, ice, slushy snow and one stretch that was a wonderful concoction of ankle-deep muck. Still, I can't complain, as it sounds like the conditions on the FA course at Bradbury were really tough and very messy! Snowman did awesome, getting in 27 miles, his longest run ever! Having gone beyond the marathon distance, he's now officially an ultra runner :-) Woohoo!

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

We missed you out there! And Ryan indeed did great.

Gnarls said...

that's too bad that you couldn't be there, we missed you. You 2 should do another one for your anniversary so that you can join in the fun. Hope your back is doing better, hope to catch up with you soon.