Monday, March 9, 2009

Snowy Bradbury

We stopped for sushi last night on the way home from Ski to the Clouds up at Great Glen (no, I did not race, but had fun helping out and cheering for everyone. BTW, our friend Nate did awesome and finished 9th. Woohoo!). Yes, sushi in Bethel, ME. Despite Snowman being skeptical of Amy's recommendation, it really was quite tasty and we had a fun dinner with Amy and Brian. As I am not a true sushi fan, I stuck with the veggie options, and got a veggie roll and a tempura (read fried) tofu roll. The tofu roll was so good going down, but this morning I was not too happy. Ugh.

Nonetheless, between the two of us we had enough motivation to get out for our planned 12 mile run. We headed over to Bradbury, hoping that the lower temps overnight had hardened up the snowmobile trails. As we pulled into the empty lot, it started to snow. Guess we should have motivated a bit earlier! Also, it seemed quite cold, or at least a lot colder than at our house. We quickly added layers and headed out. We were pleased to find the snowmobile trails in good shape and pretty solid considering the warm weekend temps. We ran along, taking it easy, until the end of the field at four miles, where we turned around. Let me tell you, the smell of the manure in that field was overwhelming. Wow! And not in a good way...

The plan was to run 8 on the snowmobile trails and then do one loop of the upcoming Fat Ass course. However, my stomach was starting to seriously rebel and I ended up only making it 0.5 miles up the Northern Loop trail before I turned around and let Snowman finish out the rest of the loop himself. My "long" runs seem to be stuck at 9 or 10 miles recently, so I'm a bit bummed to not have gotten in the full 12 miles, but oh well. There will be other days to run long.

By the time I got back to the parking lot, the snow was coming down pretty hard, so I quickly changed and got in the car to wait for his return. He came back with some great iced over eyebrows and eyelashes. Wish I had gotten a photo! The funny thing was that here in Topsham no snow had fallen at all. Weird...

No comments: