Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring

It's the first day of spring. I expected to wake up to birds singing, green grass and crocuses blooming! Instead, I awoke to 25 degrees and windy. All the puddles were frozen over, as was the snow on the powerlines and oddly enough, the sand. Definitely an interesting texture. Ah well. It was a nice run anyway, although fairly uneventful. As I wound my way back home, I did hear one woodpecker pecking away at a branch above, as well as the noisy gaggle of grackles that seems to have taken up residence in the neighborhood and what I think was either a House or Purple Finch (I'm not quite bird savvy enough to be able to easily tell the difference from a quick look and brief hearing of the song). It was singing away in the trees up near the visitor parking area. Cool.

Neal, Kendra, Doug and Lucy are coming into town tonight, so it should be a fun weekend!

No comments: