Monday, March 16, 2009

Fries and Milkshakes


We had to go down to Portland today to do some errands, and decided to treat ourselves to lunch at Duckfat. This is not someplace we go very often for various reasons, but for some reason, while I was running on Sunday I found myself thinking about their fries. They are fried in duck fat, hence the restaurant name, and they are the best fries I've had anywhere. Not to mention, they make a killer milkshake. So, we splurged and got our week's worth of fat in one meal, and boy was it good! Honestly, I probably could have done without the panini and just eaten the fries (with a side of truffle ketchup for me and chili mayo for Snowman) and mocha milkshake. Yum! If you are ever in Portland and are craving some really good fries, check Duckfat out.

In an effort to combat this indulgent meal, Snowman and I headed out around 4:30 for a mellow run on the Highland Green route. It took me until then to finally not feel incredibly full :-) The snowmobile trails are definitely starting to lose their snow - it's incredible how much things have melted since I was out there Saturday, although there is still a ways to go. It was a nice late afternoon run, despite the headwind on the way back, and nice to have a running partner too!

2 comments:

Gnarls said...

I've always wanted to go to Duckfat and thanks to your report I now will. Glad your back is doing better, looking forward to catching up with you at the Fatass.

Sparkplug said...

Emma, it's definitely worth the splurge :-) Yum!
Hope to see you soon!