Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another Five

Got out this morning for another 5-miler. It was bright and sunny. I headed back into Highland Green, and couldn't help looking longingly at the Cathance River trails that intersected the road. They appear to not be very well used in the winter and aren't packed down at all - so it was with regret that I simply continued on the loop instead of heading out into the woods. Soon enough, though! The birds were making a racket - a number of juncos and my first spotting of a goldfinch in a while, along with the requisite blue jays, mourning doves and crows. Nice morning to be out.

We're missing a TMR jaunt down to the Inov-8 warehouse in MA today. Bummer! Sounds like a good deal on shoes and the chance to try on all sorts of styles. Ah well, maybe next time. Of course, I did just buy a new pair of Inov-8s in preparation for the spring so I don't really need more... Ah, who am I kidding? I can always use new gear! :-)

No comments: