Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving

Well, I'd say I managed to eat my share of pie the past few days ;) Luckily, the weather was nice and I also managed to get out and burn a few calories too. It's all about balance, people :)

Thanksgiving morning, I headed out to do a 6 to 8 mile loop, which turned into a 7-mile lollipop when I couldn't resist the lure of chalk arrows leading off into a wide path along the marsh. Chalk arrows = High school XC course, and since I'd just run by the Governors Academy, I figured what the heck. Got in a nice mile loop through the woods and along the athletic fields and then retraced my steps back to the house. I felt peppy and energetic but probably ran a bit too "fast" as my hip/butt is still tight. Still, a happy run and a good way to start off the day. Managed to get in another 1/2 mile after I returned too, as I got Sam out for a run around the Georgetown block.

Of course, the holidays wouldn't be complete without a few minor crises, but when the turkey went into the oven and the oven never got turned up, no problem! Eat dessert first :)

Yum! Apple pie :)

It all worked out fine, we had time for a walk outside with the kids and we had Thanksgiving dinner truly for dinner :) Perfect.

Drinking and walking ;)

Getting in a run

Cutie pie selfie :)

Friday, after pie for morning snack and a salad for lunch, Ryan, Sam and I headed over to the other Brad for a hike while Gavin took a nap. It was 60+ degrees and sunny. Felt like spring. We got in a nice hike on some trails we don't normally run on, and it was great to get out and stretch our legs for a few miles together. 

Bradley fields

Cutie kiddo

Up the hill

and down!

When we got home, I went out for a short 3 mile run around the block. I couldn't resist on such a nice day, but I was a bit low on energy and also way overdressed since I had only packed winter running gear ;) @ho would have thought it would be 60 degrees this year when last year we had snow!

All in all, a fun weekend with family complete with a good amount of food, drink, laughter and exercise. 














No comments: