Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mid-Morning Commons Run

Today was a half day of school for Sam, which means early release at 11:55 am. I am not quite sure why they couldn't have had a full day today, but hey, I'm not in charge of the school schedule so I just go with the flow. I *could* have gone into work for a few hours this morning but decided I would be better served by taking the morning off and getting a few things done in preparation for Thanksgiving. So, I dropped Sam off, did a bunch of errands and then decided to head to the Commons for my run before picking her up. It was brisk and blustery, but sunny, as I ran off through the woods around 10:00 am. I was happy to feel energetic, and while my right butt/hip was still tight, I felt like I had more umph today on the slight inclines, which was positive. I've been working hard on the leg and I think it is paying dividends. Since I was feeling good, I ran the full out and back for 5 miles at a mellow 10:00 pace. It was nice to be out in the daylight and I was happy to have had the chance to get in a run!

After lunch and several errands, I had hoped to go for a hike with Sam later in the afternoon but she wasn't having any of it. I asked several times but still got no for an answer, so I didn't push it. I feel it is a fine line of wanting to ensure she gets some exercise and time in nature and her feeling like doing so is a true chore. Her compromise was a run around the block, and I figured a 0.4 mile run was better than nothing so that is what we did. At least it got her out moving for a short bit :)

No comments: