Saturday, October 3, 2015

Blustery

Cold weather has moved in and the past two mornings have been blustery and chilly indeed. I headed out on Friday morning at 5:15 am for 8 miles. Due to the early start and the overcast skies,  almost the entire run was done in the dark. Ran the cart paths and added on the river and back loop in the middle. I could hear the river roaring from way up at the ecology center but it was so dark I couldn't see much except the swirl of the water right at the edge. I really wanted to get a better look at the river, so this morning I headed out at 6:00 and ran the 6 mile loop out in the Cathance. The river was still flooded in a few spots, with the rapids roaring mightily over the rocks. Always a cool sight. As the sky got lighter, I was able to enjoy the turning leaves along the river's edge and out in the field. This is such a pretty time of year!





The rest of the day was taken up with swim lessons and then Sam's birthday pool party. The kids had a great time swimming and overall the whole party went just about as well as it could with everyone having a lot of fun. No pictures as I was having a good time talking with the parents and watching the kids splash and play in the water. A good way to celebrate turning 6! :)

No comments: