Friday, January 31, 2014

Nope

That long run I had planned today? Nope. Didn't happen. Sometimes I wonder about myself. I certainly *could* have run another 6 miles. I just plain didn't want to. My stomach felt off and was bothering me all through the run. I have hardly slept all week. Sam is doing much better, but her coughing is still waking her up at night, which in turn means she's waking me up - just like when she was little and I was up with her 3 or 4 times in the night. It sure makes one tired. I was running on the roads at noontime, and Rt. 123 was really busy with trucks roaring past, creating swirls of dust and fumes. Yuck. Yes, it was warm (35 degrees!), and it was beautiful once I got out into the Pennelville section, and I still managed to average 8:30s for 9 miles, but man, the desire to complete the planned run just was not there. I know I have it in me to be mentally strong and slog it out - I have done so before - but today, well, I admit defeat...and hope for a better run next time. And in the meantime, I'm still planning on enjoying a delicious early birthday dinner out at Frontier tonight ;) Priorities, people, priorities!

1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

Happens to the best of us. Fires cannot be started when the wood is wet, but it always dries. It always dries.