Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dump Loop

I got a call a little after noon today from daycare. Sam was not herself, Sherry said. She had no real symptoms to report, other than a very low-grade temperature and a bit of coughing, but Sam had taken it upon herself several times throughout the morning to go to the "quiet box" in the reading area to snuggle up and rest. Sherry was fine with her staying, but wanted to give the opportunity to come get her if I felt it would be better. I appreciated the call, and the fact that I was able to leave work to get her. Sam was very happy to see me when I got there, and decided that it was "very unusual" for me to be picking her up at naptime. She was in good spirits, but clearly worn out. We spent the afternoon coloring and watching TV and just hanging out. I was glad to be able to give her the chance to rest up at home for the afternoon.

As I had to get some newsletter stuff done, and was also hoping to run, Ryan very nicely agreed to come home around 2:30. That helped a lot! I thought I'd take advantage of the sunshine, so I headed out to run as soon as he got home. The plan was for a decent effort run of between 7 and 8 miles, and I decided I'd run it on the snowmobile trails around the dump. It was a bit chilly and windy, but conditions were really pretty darn good and I was able to keep the pace pretty snappy (at least for me on the trails in the winter) with the last two miles even clocking in at under 9:00 pace :-)

Here's hoping Sam is back on track for a better day tomorrow!

No comments: