Friday, January 3, 2014

Finally, A 2014 Run

Hasn't been a great start to the 2014 running year (or perhaps it's more accurate to say there's been no start to the 2014 year) and I've feeling a bit cranky about it. I didn't run New Year's Day. I didn't run yesterday because of work, the cold temps and the snow. Today, we woke up to more snow, which is awesome, of course, but it meant we were all home for the day and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get out. Sigh. Ryan worked upstairs in the loft for the day while Sam and I hung out downstairs and made pumpkin bread, did crafts, played with her marble run, read some books, watched TV and tried not to bother Ryan too much. We did pretty well, but at lunchtime, I told Ryan I really needed to get out, and he nicely agreed. To keep it as short as possible, and so as not to freeze :-), I just stuck to running the 3-mile Patriot Commons loop. It was cold and windy, but actually, conditions were better than they were on Monday. The streets were covered with hard-packed snow, which made for some good screwshoe running, so I was able to make decent time on the loop. It wasn't the most exciting first run of the year, but hey, it was a run :-)

No comments: