Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Flexible

Winter is a rough season when you have kids. There is just so much sickness. Ugh. Sam is back to being little sniffly and has developed a cough again. I don't think the cough kept her up last night, but it sure kept me up. There was no way I was getting up for that 5:15 am alarm. Luckily, my schedule is fairly flexible and I was able to get a run in late this afternoon before picking Sam up at daycare. I bundled up and hit the snowmobile trails out to Lover's Lane. I was surprised at how good the conditions were. There's been no recent snowmobile traffic, but with an icy base topped with a thin layer of crunchy snow, the trails made for some really good running. The deer have apparently decided it's a good place to walk too - the trail was inundated with little heart-shaped deer tracks. A few mountain bikers with big, fat tires have been out as well. Got in a nice late afternoon five miles.

No comments: