Friday, June 14, 2013

Late Afternoon Run

It was Father's Day at daycare this afternoon, so while Ryan was off having ice cream and playing on the playground with Sam, I was free to get in my run after I got out of work at 3:00 pm. I headed over to the field house, surprised at how warm it was. My legs felt fairly sluggish - I just am not yet used to running in the afternoon - but the sun was shining and a nice breeze was blowing. I ran out through the Commons, noticing how green the woods are. A few ladyslippers still remain but the majority have passed. At the end of the Commons, I hit the roads for a short Pennelville loop. I do love it out there. So peaceful. The fields were full of daisies, buttercups, clover and long grasses, all gently swaying in the breeze. Four crows were sitting on the fence and I spotted one lone Red-winged Blackbird calling from the top of a bush, but otherwise the fields were empty of birds. I heard the chatter of the Bobolinks, but couldn't see any of them. Took the quick route back through the Commons for a nice late afternoon 8 miles.

Thinking of my Trail Monster friends running through the woods down in MA for the TARC 50 and 100! Happy night running everyone! Can't wait to hear how all the races turn out!

No comments: