Thursday, June 13, 2013

Clearing

I failed to get up yesterday morning for a run, so today it was a must. Oh well, two out of three isn't a bad average, right? ;-) Actually, I think I picked the better morning for it. I headed out the door at 5:45, greeted by clearing skies and cool temps. The trails out down to the river were muddy and wet - squish, squish, squish! Was hoping to have some wildlife sightings but all that I saw/heard were some bullfrogs croaking in the Heath, the birds singing and the river roaring. A few pink ladyslippers still out in the woods and a lot of bunchberry but otherwise, just green, green, green.

Got to home to find the child still asleep - always a plus! - and even managed to get clean and eat breakfast in a quiet house, with this time to sit at the computer with my cup of coffee. Ahhh. Definitely a good start to the day!

No comments: