Friday, April 12, 2013

April Blah

OK, what is up with this weather? I'm not expecting rainbows and candy every day, but I'd like some warm sunny weather and bright blue skies please. I want to see plant growing and the woods greening. I'm ready to put away my winter gear and break out the shorts! This morning it was 35 degrees and spitting hail when I went out to run. 35! Hail! Talk about feeling unmotivated. I went out anyway, but begrudgingly so. Ran down to the river and back, hoping running through the woods would serve a dual purpose in keeping me at least a bit drier, and boost my spirits along the way. Unfortunately, I am much more willing and able to be cheery when the skies are blue above me, so while the river was roaring, which was lovely to hear, the woods seemed wet and quiet and grey and dreary this morning. Hoping to turn my attitude around, but right now I'd say the appropriate word is blah.

No comments: