Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Still Not Nice

Well, yesterday's rain pretty much melted all the snow away, leaving some slush and some icy patches. Boo. It's just depressing to have weather like this. And honestly, it isn't all that nice to run in either. Blech! I suppose I could have skipped running; I have no races planned. But somehow, I feel the need to work up my mileage, you know, just in case I can get around to figuring out a springtime race :-) So, out I went. Ryan took Sam into daycare this morning, but it took me a while to get going anyway, and I didn't get out until around 8:00 am. It was rainy and 41 degrees. Another cold, wet and dreary day. This time around, my feet didn't get as wet, but there was a lot of wind pushing the icy rain against my face to make things feel rather unpleasant. The wind and the mushy ground made for a slow-going 6 miles on the cart path, but I got it done. The one upside to the layer of snow/slush/icy slush on the ground is that I had a chance to see all the animal tracks crossing the path - deer, rabbit, squirrel, tiny little mice tracks, one long tunnel under the snow - maybe a little mole or vole? Neat. Hoping, hoping, hoping for this weather to clear and for more snow to arrive. Come on winter!

1 comment:

unstrung said...

6 miles in the freezingness = inspiring. i love looking at all the tracks, too.

out i go!