Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Nasty

Wow. It is truly nasty out there today. The snow from yesterday looked so pretty and so perfect for the holidays coming up. But all this rain atop the snow? UGH! I should have pushed harder to get out yesterday morning, but with Ryan working and Sam home with me, and still not feeling great to boot, it just wasn't to be. So this morning, after dropping Sam off at daycare, I headed out into the cold rain. I decided not to wear my screw shoes, thinking that they would be wasted on the pavement that I knew lined at least 1/2 of my route. I opted to go with the ever-so-fashionable choice of winter beanie topped with my regular rimmed running hat :-) But it worked and kept the rain out of my face, so who cares! I squished and splashed through the puddles and slush, my feet soaked and frozen by the time I got home. I got in 4 wet, sloppy and cold miles and that was more than enough for today! I'm hoping the rain has stopped by tomorrow, but I'm thinking the trails are going to be pretty messy for a while after this.

1 comment:

Scout said...

good girl for getting out!