Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Squish

I finally gave in and got rid of my trusty Inov-8 295s. I really loved those shoes. Light, flexible and with a wide toe box. Sadly, Inov-8 is no longer making the shoe in small enough sizes for me to find a pair that fits my small feet. Boo! I looked and looked, and even thought I might have found them on a UK running/biking website, but alas, they didn't have them either. So, I went ahead and ordered a pair of their 268s, a woman specific shoe. I was a little hesitant, as I also recently ordered the pair of discounted (and I think maybe discontinued?) 282s, which I believe is the women's version of the 315. The 282 is a bit clunky and narrow, so my toes don't like it as much. But happily, given their test run today, the 268s seem to be very similar to the 295s. Plus they have a bright blue sole, and flowers on the insoles! And the blue color matches my hat! I mean, isn't that what we all want out of our running shoes? For there to be flowers on the insole and for the color to match our other running accessories? :-) Oh yes, that is me all the way. Ha. I actually laughed when I saw the flowers. Give me a few weeks, and those flowers won't be looking or smelling so pretty anymore :-)

In any event, I got out around 8:30 for a quick run around the Heath. It was in the low 50s and after yesterday's rain and this morning's short downpour, the clouds were clearing and the sky was blue. It was a lovely spring morning to be out :-) With all the rain and the temperature shift, the trails were wet and squishy, just what a new pair of trail shoes needs! Perfect!

1 comment:

pathfinder said...

I too am quite happy with my 295s...and my 212s but am looking into other brands knowing I will be replacing soon and Inov-8 doesn't seem to have very good distributorship.