Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ahhh....

After 13 years, we finally broke down and got a new mattress. I've been telling Ryan for a while that I thought the mattress was sagging, and that it was contributing to me not sleeping well. But after hurting my back before Stonecat, I decided it really was time, as a sagging, unsupportive mattress certainly wasn't helping matters! So yesterday, a new mattress was delivered, and ahhh, how nice! I slept well last night and didn't wake up on and off with my hips and back bothering me. Hurray! My back has been feeling better due to a combination of stretching, exercises and just plain being more careful about how and what I pick up, but hopefully sleeping well will help even more and be a good thing in the long run.

I got out this morning around 7:00 for a quick 4 miles before getting Sam to daycare and myself to work. Since time was tight, I ran the short Highland Green loop with the additional cart path/Heath/Quarry loop added for the remaining mileage. I ran in my road shoes with no trouble despite parts of the route being on trail. The trails are dry and free of ice right now, with only some crunchy hoar frost to deal with in spots. The air was dry and the wind made the morning feel extra cold. I guess winter has returned after that little visit from springtime yesterday :-)


No comments: