Friday, December 14, 2012

Sick Day Fun

Last night, when I picked Sam up from daycare, she was lethargic and had a 101.6 degree fever. They hadn't called me because it hadn't happened until around 4:30 and they knew I was on my way anyway at that point. Apparently, while the rest of the class was having a dance party, Sam went and lay down on the carpet near the books. When her teacher asked her what was wrong, she burst into tears and said she didn't feel well. Poor little kiddo!

We came home, and all she wanted to do was go to bed. I gave her some ibuprofin and a quick bath, and put her to bed before 6:00 pm. I thought she was out for the night, but around 7:00 pm, right after Ryan had gotten home from a meeting, I turned around and there she was, all smiles, at the edge of the kitchen, having woken up and decided she was hungry. She ate dinner, and we hung out for a while before she finally got back into bed around 8:30 pm. She was up at 5:00 am sharp (so early!), and aside from a few minor morning meltdowns before she agreed to eat her breakfast, she has been happy happy happy all day long. Honestly, she has not seemed like a sick child! But because she had a fever, we couldn't take her into daycare, so I took the morning shift and was home with her until 1:00 pm. Then Ryan took over, and I headed up to work for the afternoon. In any event, I'll take a sick child like this over a truly sick child any day, so I won't complain!

Look how sick she seems :-)

She was asking for cupcakes the other day, so when we went grocery shopping this morning, we picked up the fixings :-)
(She helped me mix the batter, and then poured it into the cupcake tins all by herself, with very little mess. Then later this afternoon, she frosted them and put on the sprinkles. She is getting so big!)
Cupcake bliss!
Sick day art project! I love it!



No comments: