Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lost in the Rabbit Hole

I've gotten a few concerned messages from people wondering if everything was OK, I hadn't posted in a few days. I am frazzled but fine. It just seems I have no time! I feel a bit lost in a whirlwind. Starting with Sam's surgery last Wednesday, I feel like I haven't had a chance to breathe. We saw old friends for dinner, had Zak and Lenka over for VT 100 planning, I crazily baked banana breads for the Scuffle, packed to be away Sunday night, raced Sunday morning, got home, threw things in the car and we headed south to Ryan's parents after a quick shower and lunch. Monday morning was a memorial service for Ryan's Great-Uncle Charlie, who was very close to the family and always spent holidays with us, took Ryan and Meghan to the symphony and to eat great food as kids, and always thoughtfully gave Sam books and gifts he thought she would love. We'll miss you Uncle Charlie!

After the memorial service, we all had lunch and then Ryan and his dad headed off for a round of golf. Irene and I tried to put Sam down for a nap, but failed, so there was no resting there :-) I did manage to sneak out for a run, leaving Irene with a rather cranky Sam. Thanks Grammie! I ran the 5 mile Weldon Farm loop. It was 2:30 pm and hot and muggy. I wasn't totally prepared for the run. I forgot to bring my Garmin, and didn't have a running hat or my sunglasses. I could have used my handheld with water, but oh well. In the shade, it wasn't terrible, but in the direct sun, whew! I sure felt the heat! Felt a bit 'meh' while running, but managed to finish off the loop in 43:00, so it wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. We didn't get home last night until 8:00, put Sam right to bed, and then tried to tidy up and get organized for today. This morning, I had an appointment before work, and work has been nuts. I'm taking a little afternoon snack break and thought I had better get something up on the blog before I went crazy just thinking about how behind I am :-)

Planning to get the Scuffle report written and up online tonight. Here's hoping that the rest of the week will be a bit calmer! :-)

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

Crazy when time works against you....

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is busy!

However, if I didn't see a post at supper time tonight, I was going to message too!

Ann