Thursday, July 26, 2012

Change of Plans

I should know better by now than to post what I am planning to do running-wise - it seems there is always some sort of change of plans, and I don't end up sticking to what I have laid out.

Sam currently has a little summer cold, just enough to make her sniffly and feel a bit run down. And I've got it too. Couple that with the fact that I am just not sleeping well right now, even though I know I need the rest, and yesterday morning, I woke up feeling fairly terrible. Despite the gorgeous weather - cool and crisp - I opted not to run, in the hopes that a bit of rest would help me kick the cold. Turns out, I didn't get much sleep again last night either, so I didn't wake up feeling much better this morning, but oh well. I couldn't delay the run any longer, so out I went at 7:00 to get in 5 miles on the Highland Green Road. It was overcast and a bit heavy out, but there were less deer flies harassing me than on Monday, which was nice. I spotted a little red eft on the dirt road, and wanted to stop to move him out of the way, but the deer flies were persistent enough that I knew I had better not stop!

Sam did pretty well in her big kid bed last night, although it took a while for her to actually settle down and go to sleep. And then, around 11:00, I heard her crying out, "my pillow, my pillow!" Thinking she had probably just shifted off it, I went in to check on her, and found her on the floor. She didn't even appear to be awake, so I quickly got her back into bed and cuddled up under the covers. I went downstairs to tell Ryan, and he said, "Oh, I heard a thump about an hour ago. I just assumed it was the cats wrestling!" Ha! :-)

No comments: