Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Butterfly Run-In

I got run into by a butterfly this morning while I was running. The poor little thing flittered smack into my sweaty neck! Ha. I always thought butterflies were beautifully graceful creatures. I guess no one can be graceful all the time :-)

Got in a sweaty 6 miles along the powerlines this morning. Boy, was it humid out! I attempted to run the extended Homeplace loop, but the property owner whose land I needed to cross to get from the woods back to the powerlines had the property very aggressively roped off, so I chose to just turn around and retrace my steps instead. Still, not a bad out and back.

Planning to get another run in tomorrow, the first time I'll have run 3 days in a row in a long, long time, and then get out in the Cathance for 9 miles on Friday morning. That will get me up to 25 miles for the week, still not a lot, but oh well.  Somehow coming back from this injury seems to be taking a little while longer than I had anticipated, and perhaps I have been too cautious, but I'd rather be a bit undertrained and slow in the summer Bradbury series than be injured again. Hopefully over the next few weeks as I get my mileage up into the 30s, things will start to turn the corner and the speed and strength that I had in 2011 will begin to make themselves known again. I hope so, anyway :-)




No comments: